Welcome to the Claremont PTA Website
VDOE Grants Available to Families
To address the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on students' educational progress and well-being, $30 million in Learning Acceleration Grants is available to be used for qualifying education services.
- The Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) is currently accepting applications from the following: Virginia parents of school-age children.
- Tutors and providers of assistive technologies and specialized educational therapy services and supports.
- $1,500 for each qualifying student. Qualifying students include any public, private, parochial, or home-school student in grades K-12 residing in Virginia and meeting the school-age requirements in §22.1-1, Code of Virginia. Application in Spanish. Application in English
- $3,000 for each qualifying student whose family income is verified at 300% or less of the federal poverty level. Application in Spanish. Application in English.
June is National Safety Month! Here are a few resources to help us all stay safe and have a fun summer!
- Safe Kids Worldwide: Safety by topic or age of child. https://www.safekids.org/safetytips
- Red Cross Summer Safety Tips: https://www.redcross.org/get-help/how-to-prepare-for-emergencies/types-of-emergencies/summer-safety.html
- National Safety Council Summer Safety Tips: https://www.nsc.org/community-safety/safety-topics/seasonal-safety/summer-safety/summer-safety-tips
- First Aid and Safety: https://kidshealth.org/en/parents/firstaid-safe/
To make every child's potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
This site has been created with our families and teachers in mind as a place to keep information about PTA activities, school activities, and link you to resources around the broader APS community.
The Claremont PTA Executive Committee looks forward to working with Claremont families and school staff to support and sustain the school community in the coming year.
We hope all of our school staff, families and community members continue to stay safe and healthy throughout this unprecedented time.
Join the PTA Today!
Mabel's Labels Fundraiser
Free & Reduced Lunch Applications Due in August
The USDA Waiver that provided all APS students with free breakfast and lunch during the past two school years has expired. Therefore, families that need assistance will need to apply to APS to receive free and reduced lunch before school starts on August 29. Please visit https://www.apsva.us/food-and-nutrition-services/ to apply for free and reduced lunch as soon as possible.
Dual-Language Immersion Program Changing
On Thursday, March 10th, the School Board voted to approve changes to the Dual Language Immersion Program from a partial immersion program to a full early immersion program! Starting the fall of 2023 kindergarten and 1st grade would transition to an 80/20 Spanish/English instructional day. For more information and advantages on the Full Immersion program take a look here.
Claremont School Directory
If you are looking for a class list and contact information for other students in your students' class, you can consult our Online Directory.
In 2018, Virginia passed a law prohibiting the ability of schools to share any information about students unless they express opt-in to share yearly. You can opt-in via APS ParentVue, but the quickest way to bring the online directory up-to-date is by updating your information on the PTA website and/or renewing/joining the PTA.
Be sure to download the Membership Toolkit Mobile App.
Update Your Information and Join the PTA
If you already have a Membership Toolkit account with another organization,
you can use the same log-in here.
- Wednesday, June 14
- Friday, June 16
- Monday, June 19
- Tuesday, June 20
- Thursday, June 22
- Thursday, June 29
- Tuesday, July 4
- Wednesday, July 5